Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Read-only build service account
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:22:02 +0200
Vincent Untz wrote:
One of the scripts reads data from the build service and should be run
in a cron job. Since I don't trust myself (true :-)), I'd love to be
sure that this script can't do any damage and so a read-only access to
the build service would be quite helpful there. Right now, the script
runs with my account, but not in a cron job.

Is this something that we can setup?

Most of the /source URLs have a readonly passwordless twin below
/public/source:

$ osc req /source/GNOME:STABLE/_meta
$ curl https://api.opensuse.org/public/source/GNOME:STABLE/_meta

I'm not sure if it's OK to use these URLs from scripts, hopefully yes
(darix, Adrian?). They are intended for the build service interconnect
feature.

Or, you can register another user account that can only write to
home:vincent_script and not to GNOME:*.

Michal