Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Contrib: Packages Review: "banner" (Build Service wiki pages suggestions)
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:39:56 -0600
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le jeudi 28 août 2008, à 18:34 -0600, Boyd Lynn Gerber a écrit :
Thanks for the review, I know I make some of the same mistakes. It would
be good if we could document a proper set of these on a wike page that
could be referenced. I know I see a lot of packages on the BS with
similar mistakes. I think it could be very useful to have a few packages
documented in what would be a correct fashion. An example of good or
proper methods for the various cagetories like languages, configure,
devel, doc, libs... That way we could refer people to them to get ideas
on how to fix their stuff. Maybe this is more a BS issue but I still
think it would be good.

If it's not in http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_Package_Conventions then it
should be added there.

(reviewing packages is actually a good way to improve our package
conventions)

+1, but reading that leaves me still needing a good example. I am a very visual person and I do not always get the information correct in my mind. I have to see it used properly to really understand. I have in my mind pages. I see a paper with the words on it. Trying to get the url with that into a page I sometimes have problems. But I think it would be good to have samples to reference as a good check. But we really do need to keep what documentation we have up to date.

We also need manuals for the BS. As in an other thread.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>