Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools* for ppc targets
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:02:33 +0200
On Thursday 07 August 2008 00:05:18 Martin Mohring wrote:
Peter Czanik wrote:
Martin Mohring írta:
would you mind that we activate the compilation of the OBS itself
(openSUSE:Tools*) for ppc targets, so the ppc users can grab it there
without problem? How far have you come with putting the ppc binaries
of the wished distros into build repos?

This would be great. Then I would not need to build the BS locally,
before I can install it :-)
BTW: are those little PPC fixes now included in the 'official' BS
sources?

Apart from not beeing selectable in the Webclient "Add Repository" >
"Architecture" switchbox, ppc is fully funtioning and the build packages
of obs-server work fully on ppc (I test all of the OBS Snapshots inside
openSUSE:Tools:{Unstable,Devel}/{obs-server-svn,obs-server-test} also
with ppc targets, I have ppc workers here). Everything else for ppc is
in subversion source tree.

Adrian: when do you plan to import some ppc distro packages (in status
if I remember correctly it was stated something about limited ppc
support)?

11.0 has imported ppc packages already, Factory is building itself.

However, no other project can build against this atm for security reasons. We
need to get a secure VM working first before we can offer this for everybody.

To build against a ppc distro is dependent on that task.
Should I add the ppc target inside
src/webclient/app/views/project/add_target.rhtml in subversion?

No, please do not, it won't work right now and cause confusion.

However, we can enable ppc builds of openSUSE:Tools project.

bye
adrian