[opensuse-buildservice] shlib-policy-name-error
  • From: "Andrew Jorgensen" <ajorgensen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:28:38 -0600
Some of my mono-based packages contain helper libraries or bindings.
They get a shlib-policy-name-error, which is a fatal error. The error
states: Your package contains a single shared library but is not named
after its SONAME.

It would be ridiculous to rename my package libMonoFuseHelper0, for
instance as this is just a helper .so and not in any way the main
contents of this package. It would be equally ridiculous to separate
the helper library to a sub-package as no other package would ever need
it by itself.

Does the rpmlint test need to be modified to recognize the mono
assemblies in the package?

Where can I read the text of the shlib-policy?

Would patching the package to put it's helper library in a private
directory cause the test to pass? This would probably cause me some
trouble as they would require .config files to instruct the runtime
where to find the .so.

Andrew Jorgensen