Re: [opensuse-buildservice] wsdl OSC API Web service
  • From: "Petit Eric" <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 11:16:42 +0200
2008/8/3 Benji Weber <benji@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
2008/8/3 Petit Eric <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi
What is the link to the wsdl file to write the proxy 'RPC) in C#
(http://www.mono-project.com/Web_Services)?
if it is in the domain : api.opensuse.org , i'm afraid to give my
user name and pass, accept certificats with the mono wsdl commad line

api.opensuse.org is a RESTful webservice not SOAP. As far as I know
WSDL cannot be used to describe the service. There is WADL[0] which
can, but I don't think there is a WADL description either.

There is, however, documentation at https://api.opensuse.org/apidocs/
along with message schema.

I have had some success creating and consuming restful webservices
from .net using WCF. Examples of creating[1], calling[2]. I'm not sure
how much of WCF is implemented in mono yet though. Alternatively you
could use HttpWebRequest[3] and an XML parser and build your own
client manually perhaps.

Does that help?
Yes, you give me some light and thank's, lol .
Now it is needed to make a choice of a solution.
I see with VS C#, if made a webreference to
https://api.opensuse.org/about.xsd for example, it didn't find service
but create a kind of database, but not sure how to use it, if i
understand the OBS, it is simply read and write data in db ?
I would like to write a "MonoOsc", for read/write data, not "real
time" of progress and so on, are you interested to collaborate ?

__
[0] https://wadl.dev.java.net/
[1]
http://blogs.msdn.com/kaevans/archive/2008/04/03/creating-restful-services-using-wcf.aspx