[opensuse-buildservice] Understanding permissions
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:18:29 -0400
Hi,
I am trying to understand the permissions in OBS and how to control who can make changes to projects.
1. What is the difference between global_<permission> and <permission> under roles? I can't see a difference. Users with either permissions can pretty much do anything, at least the things I have tested.

2. How can I make a user fully control his home project without giving him/her permission to other non home projects? Removing the non global permissions does not work: user is not able to create or change packages or add repos

3. It seems users with change_package permission can submit requests to a project and accept them.

Is there any document online describing this in more details?

Thanks
Anas