Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Integrating packages into Factory
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:26:09 +0200
Hello,

Alexey Eremenko írta:
There are plenty of small useful packages on the net.
And yes, I believe that they need to become part of the core distro.
Especially for offliners among us, that download whole repository and
use it locally.

And looking at 100 different repositories (Build Service Home
projects) is not the same thing as looking into 1 main repository.
I prefer to have 1 place to look for packages.
Full ACK here. Also if something gets into the core distro, then it is tested to work with the rest of the distro. Right now even popular repositories are mutually exclusive. Devel versions could still maintained in the BS. Bye,
CzP