Re: [opensuse-buildservice] maintaining file permissions
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:47:13 +0200
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 09:24:30AM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
How can I maintain the executable mode of a file when I check it in into
the build service?

This is not possible. http transfer do not know a permission mask.

Well, subversion uses HTTP and it still support this by changing

well, this is more webdav than simple http AFAIK.

Small correction - it doesn't really have to do with the transfer
protocol -- neither HTTP nor its extensions, it's just that we have no
way to store this kind of information in the source code repository, and
so it would be no point in transferring the information anyway...
otherwise it could be transmitted of course.

Currently we would have a problem with our source repo with this. You can not
change the permission of a file for a package, because it gets stored only
once.

So, I this would be major work to allow this, so I do not see that we will
implement such a functionality soon.

Yes... maybe not too difficult, I don't know. Maybe not worth it just
for the x bit. Maybe for other reasons (more compatible clients,
publicly viewable sources come to mind)

But as usual, if you can provide a patch ... ;)

bye
adrian

Peter
--