Re: [opensuse-buildservice] maintaining file permissions
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 02:50:58 +0200
On 2008-07-24 06:50:38 +0800, Anas Nashif wrote:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Sunday 13 July 2008 16:09:12 Anas Nashif wrote:
Hi,
How can I maintain the executable mode of a file when I check it in into
the build service?

This is not possible. http transfer do not know a permission mask.

Well, subversion uses HTTP and it still support this by changing
attributes of files. When transferring a file maybe in the future also
transfer it's attributes in the HTTP request. This would also be helpful
for the web client which currently shows garbage if you click on 'Show'
link for a tar ball or any binary data.

this is incorrect. subversion preserves exactly 1 single bit of the
permissions: executable. thats all about it. the rest is taken from your
current umask.

Some RPMs have scripts that are called directly from the spec file,
build fails because the files can't be executed due to bad permissions.

Just call the scripts via "bash $script" or alike. The advantage is that
it would build even on FAT filesystems in future :)

I solved this by changing the permissions before the script is called.
It seems however fedora has many packages that expect the executable
flags to be set for scripts.

we had the same problems in the past and now exec all scripts with the
interpreter directly.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux