Re: [opensuse-buildservice] NEW: up-to-date OpenVZ kernels at 'Virtualization:OpenVZ' BS project
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:46:19 +0300
Hi Jean !

Thanks a lot for providing us with OpenVZ packages, as I was fighting
a losing war.

I mean, that my OpenVZ kernel were very funtionally poor and lacked a
lot of drivers, because I used OpenVZ's reference kernel-config file
and I was unable to understand and build openSUSE "guest OS" template.

Another important point is Documentation. Unfortunately official
OpenVZ documentation is made for Red Hat, so users of other distros
are left out in the cold.

I have an idea how-to change this !

I can write basic documentation as part of openSUSE's Community
Documentation Project "Lessons for Lizards". (if time permits)

Good day,
--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"