[opensuse-buildservice] GCJ java components?
  • From: John Calcote <john.calcote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:43:30 -0600

I've got a package that uses some java in the build process (openxdas).
Java is optional, and if javac (gcj -C), jar or javadoc utilities are
not found, then the java build is skipped. I'm currently using gcc-java
in BuildRequires. That get's me gcj -C in my JAVA env var, but I don't
know what to use that gets me corresponding jar and javadoc utilities.

Recently, I've discovered the java-1_5_0-gcj-compat-devel package, and
added it to my BuildRequires line. That get's me there for opensuse
platforms, but it apparently doesn't exist on any others.

Isn't there an all-in-one solution for Java?

Thanks,
John