Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc submitreq tries to send a submission to the wrong project
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:20:28 +0200
On Monday 14 July 2008 10:05:07 Klaas Freitag wrote:
Am Montag, 14. Juli 2008 09:39:56 schrieb Peter Poeml:
On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 04:35:28PM +0200, Klaas Freitag wrote:
Am Samstag, 12. Juli 2008 01:01:55 schrieb Peter Poeml:

Hi,

I do not see a reason atm why chaining should not be allowed from a
technical POV as long as we successfully avoid circles. However, the
question is if we get a benefit from really using it - a benefit that
is bigger than the confusion that might arise from that. Not sure atm.
What do others think?

Klaas

I have the following thoughts about it right now:

This is clearly not how we designed this attribute. It were meant as THE
primary place where development takes place. A place of which, by
definition, there can only be one.

Very valid thought.

Now, I see it can be desirable for users to have a defined path where
changes are moved from A to B to C and then to Factory. For instance,
it might be desirable that changes always first go to foo:KAPUTT first,
then to foo:UNSTABLE, foo:STABLE, then to openSUSE:Factory.

That just means that the "devel project" definition should be stackable, so
that the just follows on branch request, as long as a devel project is defined
(with a max limit). So this could be setup by every project/package owner
already if needed.

I dunno if the api branch call is already implemented like this.

bye
adrian