Re: [opensuse-buildservice] maintaining file permissions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:37:08 +0200
On Sunday 13 July 2008 16:09:12 Anas Nashif wrote:
Hi,
How can I maintain the executable mode of a file when I check it in into
the build service?

This is not possible. http transfer do not know a permission mask.

Some RPMs have scripts that are called directly from the spec file,
build fails because the files can't be executed due to bad permissions.

Just call the scripts via "bash $script" or alike. The advantage is that it
would build even on FAT filesystems in future :)

bye
adrian