Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Shared spec vs duplicated spec's
  • From: "Mark V" <mvyver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 07:07:22 +1000
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-07-11 20:09:30 +1000, Mark V wrote:
I raised this on the IRC channel so apologies if you've seen this.

I have a project's src.rpm that I'd like to move onto the OBS, and
this has raised some issues....
The current src.rpm uses lots of --build "option n" switches. Some of
these are accommodated by OBS since they are distro specific builds.
Others however relate to building different components.

My Question is how to 'map' this to OBS?

I think, you can create a project config and define rpm macro settings based
on the build target repo.

osc meta prjconf -e <project>

And add

Macros:
%if "%_repository" == "openSUSE_10.3"
%macro_name 1
%endif

for example.

Ok that sounds interesting, if it works (see Luke's post).
I'm new to OBS and packaging in general. Is this possible to set
using the web interface?
Unless I'm mistaken, one problem is that I'd need to set a repository
for each component (I'd like to keep the packages to 3 but it could be
a larger number depending on how 'atomic' people want things) - or is
it possible to define a macro after matching the package name using a
regular expression?

Appreciate the suggestions
Regards
Mark