Re: [opensuse-buildservice] _link or _aggregate with regular build
  • From: "Archie Cobbs" <archie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:10:54 -0500
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-07-09 11:11:05 -0500, Archie Cobbs wrote:
I noticed that if an OBS package has an _aggregate file AND a normal
spec file, then the spec file is ignored.

Any reason why you can't do a normal build and an _aggregate link
together at the same time in the same package?

This would seem like a logical thing to do when your goal is simply to
aggregate the "normal" RPM's requirements into your project, so your
repository is transitively closed.

first of all aggregates should be avoided if possible.
2nd you create a 2nd package and put the aggregate file in there.

Sorry, I guess my question was not very well stated.

The question is: why not change OBS to allow a package to have a spec
file and _aggregate at the same time?

Thanks,
-Archie

--