Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Query for bugowner in the buildservice
  • From: Jan Blunck <jblunck@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 17:28:29 +0200
On Thu, Jul 03, Adrian Schröter wrote:

On Thursday 03 July 2008 14:53:37 Jan Blunck wrote:
Is there a way to query the buildservice for the bugowner without login? It
is noted in the project _meta data but I don't users of an automated bug
reporting tool to need a buildservice account to report a bug.

So far we don't expose this to anonymous users as a spam protection (I
suppose
you want the email and not the novell account name).

However, you need anyway an account to report a bug, so I guess it is fair to
need the same account also for checking the identity. We could maybe offer
some redirect URL, which you can simply offer in your tool.

The idea was to let Apport report bugs also for packages that have a bugowner
set in the buildservice. The prupose of Apport is to make bugreporting easy
for users instead of let them require yet another account.

Since we are still unsure how the server side will look like, I think this
will be postponed.