Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rpmlint and 11.0
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:01:45 +0200
On 2008-06-24 11:34:08 +0200, Detlef Steuer wrote:
I understand, why rpmlint is a good thing.
But my important packages stopped to be built with the release of 11.0.
More precisely: They get built, but they get rejected after
successful builds for too many rpmlint warnings/errors.

My questions:

a) Is there a way for at least temporarily removing rpmlint checks?

yes. but those rpmlint warnings are often pointing out real bugs in your
packages (except for shlib-policy maybe, but following that is useful
too)

so you are not supposed to workaround them.
if you still want to do it, see the *rpmlintrc files in factory.

b) My packages built fine all the time in Factory. I thought
everything was fine for a quick release afer 11.0 came out. Where
should I have found out _beforehand_, that a policy change regarding
rpmlint will happen at the time of release 11.0 . My, perhaps
naive, idea was, that new things get tested in Factory, exactly to be
ready at release time. How should I have known? That's a serious
question. I don't want to be bitten again in the future. Where was
that information distributed?

iirc the checks were running in factory for a few weeks already before
the 11.0 repository got branched off.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux