Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New project, and already a question about revision numbers
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:47:36 +0200
Roman Fietze wrote:
Q0: When checking in a few spec file chances I discovered, that the
release and revision numbers are automatically incremented in the
following way: 1.401-17.1 -> 1.401-18.1 -> 1.401-19.1. Where can I
find any documentation about this behaviour, and how is the "Release:"
field of the spec file interpreted? Or is it just beeing ignored?

The first part is increased with every change/commit to your package. The second part would increase if a rebuild is triggered by a new version of a build dependency.
The Release field in the spec file can be taken as a minimum release number to use.
(There is a way to fiddle with release numbering but I won't explain it now since the default scheme should be fine in most cases ;-))

Q1: I can find two directories under repositories/home:/, one named
"fietze" and one named "fietze:". The one with the colon just contains
an incomplete trial using a branched and never finished KDE backports
repository. The other one my dcraw-omp. Where can I find any
documentation about the naming scheme of repository directory names?

A project containing subprojects always has a colon.

Q2: Where is defined when or how old revisions/releases are removed
from the repositories?

As soon as there is a new one uploaded.

Wolfgang