[opensuse-buildservice] Samba, openSUSE, packages and collaboration
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:51:49 +0200
Hi,

since quite some years Samba binaries for SUSE products are provided at
ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/samba/ in an old-fashioned way.

Several times in the recent past we, the Novell Samba Team, go the
request to maintain Samba in the openSUSE Build Service (OBS). Thanks
to Ludwig Nussel who gave an intensive hands on session some weeks ago
this service is now up and in continous operation.

Currently we have STABLE (3.0.30) and TESTING (3.2.0rc2) projects for
CentOS, Fedora, Mandriva, RedHat Enterprise (RHEL), SUSE Linux
Enterprise (SLE), and openSUSE.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/MAINTAINED:/
provides dedictaed repositories with the Samba versions in use with SUSE
Linux Enterprise (SLE) products. At the moment there are repositories
for SLE 9 and 10.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/ is a generic
entry point and provides an overview of the current project structure.
http://software.opensuse.org/search might be convenient too.

All the package sources are useable by YaST, zypper, yum, or smart.

http://en.opensuse.org/Samba provides general information about Samba at
SUSE. For bug reporting see http://en.openSUSE.org/Bugs/Samba

To provide the openSUSE community and all SUSE and Samba users a
current, reliable and high level service we encourage you to provide
feedback and to file bug reports. Additionally the OBS provides a
convenient way to collaborate.

Our customers, our products, our responsibility.

Have a lot of fun...

Lars - for the Novell Samba Team
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]