Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Missing important debian functionality
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 18:22:32 +0200
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 06:13:06PM +0200, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
So you want some more functionality for the "debtransform" program.

Currently you could just add your control file to the "debian tar"
file you already have, e.g. debian-xUbuntu_6.06.tar.gz.
Yeap I know, but that means lots of code duplication.

Why's that? You already have those debian-<flavor>.tar.gz files, can't
you just add another file to them? Or do you want to get rid of them?

If that's not flexible enough, we would need a way to tell debtransform
which files to use and what name the files should get, i.e.

debian-xUbuntu_8.04.control -> debian/control

Yeap that would be great, the debian.tar.gz file would provide the base files
for all distros, after that the other files would come from the debtransform.

I don't think it is a good idea to imitate the way the source
server selects the dsc file in debtransform, one such selection
should be enough. So I'd prefer some way of putting this information
in the corresponding dsc file.
I do not get your idea here.

Well, you already use "Debtransform-*" in your dsc file. Here are
two ideas:

1) allow multiple tar files in "Debtransform-Files-Tar". You could
use debian.tar.gz for your base files and debian-<flavor>.tar.gz
would just contain some files that need to be different.

2) add some new "Debtransform-Files" tag where you can specify in
some syntax which files to take and where to put them.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx