Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build a whole project with osc
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:28:22 +0200
On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 08:15:25PM +0100, Carlos Goncalves wrote:
Hi,

As requested by darix, I'm emailing oS-buildservice to ask for a new osc
feature - capability to build a whole project (eg. KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop)
with one single command.

Currently there is only possible to do things like
$ osc build PLATFORM ARCH BUILD_DESCR

Which restricts builds to a given PRJCT:PGK so if one wants to build a whole
project the following won't work:
$ osc build PLATFORM ARCH PROJECT

With my osc feature request something like it would be possible.

For what I have understood, darix pointed out that to do that some API
changes/exposing would be needed or so, which seems to concern him a little.

- Build service/osc team, what do you thing about this request? Do you thing
it's possible to implement? Any limitations?
- Users, please let developers know if you also like this idea!

The discussion has just began...! ;-)

At the moment I wouldn't know how to implement this in osc. osc would
need the information from the backend which determines the order of
package builds.

Otherwise, it sounds like a very useful idea.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development