Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Moving voiceglue to network:telephony
  • From: "Archie Cobbs" <archie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 20:48:15 -0500
On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Archie Cobbs napsal(a):
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My question is: shouldn't package A's build proceed anyway, with the
same version of B that was used in step #2? This is what I would
expect as step #5:

5. Package A is built with the same version of package B used in step #2

Then many hours later after everyone has gone to sleep:

6. Package B's new build finally successfully completes
7. Package A's build is automatically triggered and it is built
again with the version of package B from step #6

This would indeed make the buildservice experience more interactive for
single package builds, BUT at the cost of wasted build power. You can
imagine that people wanting to build _many_ packages (think of a new KDE
release) in _reasonable_ time wouldn't be all that happy about build
hosts occupied by "interactive" rebuilds, which are going to be
obsoleted by a regular rebuild an hour later...

Thanks - I think that is a very reasonable rationale. I just wanted to
understand :-)

Now, if I may repeat the original question... any thoughts on this?

Ref: bug #383944

I've created a new RPM for voiceglue (http://www.voiceglue.org/) in my
home project.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=voiceglue&project=home%3Aarchie172

What do I need to do to get this moved to network:telephony?

Also, what is the process for me updating the spec file when new
versions come out? Will I (need to) be a member of the
network:telephony project?

Thanks,
-Archie

--