Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Problem linking to another project
  • From: "Archie Cobbs" <archie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 17:45:56 -0500
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx> wrote:
but it still breaks due to "bad aggregatelist data".

You have to map the repository names:

Thanks again for your help.

I realize now that this is in the wiki page... and I had indeed read
that before but didn't understand it the first time (not a good
sign)...

I think things would be a lot clearer to new people if there was a
"big picture" wiki page. This would give clear definitions of
"repository", "project", "link", etc. I still don't know exactly what
those mean.

For example, the documentation tells you how to "add a repository to a
project" .. but what does that mean? I think I know what it means...
you are simply allowing your build to pull in required RPMs from the
other repository -- right?

When and why would you ever create a new repository? What exactly does
it mean to do so?

Also, clear description of the various XML files and what exactly the
XML tags and attributes mean.

Also it would inform you that the labels in grey in the search page
are in the form "project/repository".

And having an RPM that requires one or more other RPMs that are not
part of standard SuSE 10.3 is probably a common situation, so it would
be helpful to describe how to handle that. I was under the mistaken
impression that I needed to create links... but actually, "osc meta -e
prj ..." and adding <path> tags is the right answer (right??).

You get the idea... I hope my confusion can help improve the
experience for future builders. I would be willing to document all
this stuff myself except I still don't fully understand it yet.

Thanks,
-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs