Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Adding Build-service function to Eclipse! Any suggestions?
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:08:13 +0200
Klaas Freitag wrote:
Hi,

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/suse/appinfo.html?csaid=DFC9A170A95499CD
Nice to hear! :-)
Yes, that's great :)

Now I just want to gather users' expectations to this project. What
would you like to see when using Build-Service in Eclipse? Thanks a
lot!
Here some use cases that come to my mind:

- Add/Change packages
I think Changing packages is a key thing. That means knowing the important
file formats like tarballs, specs, dsc's etc. and offering editors for them,
maybe on the fly checks on syntax etc. where applicable.
- Create package source links

What is a "package source link" and why should I need it? :)

I mean, source links are of course a cool feature of the buildservice,
but I don't think it's a must have for the eclipse plugin, not for the
first version at least. I think that a plugin that let's you upload a
source tarball of your project to the bs, edit a spec / dsc file,
monitor build status and download the resulting packages would already
be a good outcome of the SoC project. More advanced features can be
added later :)

Michal