[opensuse-buildservice] Packages in games:* projects
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:18:13 +0200
Hello folks!

Right now we have 12 repositories in games: namespace. They are

games:action
games:adventure
games:arcade
games:board
games:libs
games:liflg
games:puzzle
games:roleplay
games:strategy:realtime
games:strategy:turn-based
games:tools
games:WorldForge

I propose to merge action, adventure, arcade, board, puzzle, roleplay and strategy:* projects into one project called games. WorldForge, tools, liflg seem to be some private projects and they will stay untouched. I'd also like to keep games:libs project separate, because it is used primarily to backport new versions of libraries that games use to older releases of openSUSE (and thus needn't to be present in new installations for example). This merge has another advantage. Some of the games are misplaced (arcade games in action games and vice versa), so gamers which install lots of games do not have to investigate in which repository their favorite game is (and they don't have to install 7 repositories also!). Any comments or ideas (or probably explanation why so punctual separation was used)?

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer Lihovarska 1060/12