Re: [opensuse-buildservice] End Of Life: SUSE Linux 10.1 and Fedora 6
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:42:37 +0200
On Tuesday 15 April 2008 16:26:43 wrote Dr. Peter Poeml:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 03:53:41PM +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [Apr 15. 2008 15:41]:
Hello,

The policy is to remove all traces of that one to show the users that
it does not exist anymore. Also the main ftp repo will go away, so
even when you build something, it might not be installable, because of
lack of the main ftp repo.

Bad policy.

I tend to agree.

Disk space is getting cheaper every day. So what prevents us from
just leaving the 10.1 repository untouched after the official
maintenance period ends ?

Indeed.

Adrian, do you remember the concept I circulated on a way to handle
important content (which needs to be mirrored) and less important
content (which doesn't need to be mirrored) about a year ago?

Care to resurrect that?

The point is that we do not want to support not supported distrubtions. This a
global policy. I you do not like it please discuss it on -project. If people
do stand up and say they are maintaining it, we can get it back. But in the
past no one wanted to do that.

As long this is the status quo, there is no need to discuss any other mirror
mechanism IMHO.