Re: [opensuse-buildservice] End Of Life: SUSE Linux 10.1 and Fedora 6
  • From: James Tremblay <fxrsliberty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:32:57 -0400
This whole thread brings back a point I've been trying to make for a
year now. The point, openSUSE should not bother itself with LTS(long
term support) for 3 (4 if SLE counted) distributions. I say starting
with 11.0 provide only support and fixes until 11.1 then only support
11.1 until 11.2, then 11.2 until 11.3 then give 11.3 a full three years
support bringing us around to 12.3. This would make it clear that the
other versions are truly community and that to get the 5 years a server
should have a person needs to subscribe to SLE. This should not offend
SUSE customers and it should please and even entice non-enterprise
subscribers to look more closely at SLE.
--
James Tremblay
aka, SLEducator