Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Buildservice unusable for Factory
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:31:01 +0200
On Monday 14 April 2008 13:01:59 wrote Danny Kukawka:
Hi,

I don't know how the situation was during the weekend, but it looks as if
the buildservice for factory is unusable since days. Everything in my
project has as state blocked or a expansion error.

I know you build the complete (base) openSUSE distro in the buildservice
now, but it make the buildservice unusable. because I can't build new
packages. I have to build them in the internal autobuild service and put
them on ftp.suse.com or beta.suse.com to get them out for testing. This is
a really unsatisfactory situation.

Are there any plans to improve the situation?

The openSUSE:Factory distribution got currently also the x86_64 distribution
enabled. This, together with problems in tcl/tk area is causing quite some
problems atm. I am about to debug it, but this caused some further
bootstrapping unfortunatly.

We have currently a difference between external and internal build. This needs
to be fixed first.

On the other hand, we would need some more hardware (and some better
implementation to do faster boot strap builds) to make it faster.

But, keep in mind that Factory is the development distribution. With this last
change everbody can see now what really happens. This includes also the build
failures which were hidden before :)

bye
adrian