Re: [opensuse-buildservice] setting up local build service
  • From: John Calcote <john.calcote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 13:02:08 -0600
Adrian,

Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Friday 04 April 2008 17:41:33 wrote John Calcote:
Hi list,

I'm trying to set up my own build service, and I've followed the
instructions in the README file that comes with obs-api, but I'm not
having any luck. I sent a previous note to this list, but haven't had
any responses so far. What channels do we have available to help with
setup issues?

Please wait another week, I hope the version 0.9 will make this much more easy in future :)
I got it to work now. To fix this problem, I did the following:

1. I uninstalled all osc-* and lighthttpd* packages, killed all running osc- and lighttpd-related processes, dropped all existing osc-related mysql databases, deleted the /srv/www/osc directory and the /etc/lighttpd directory.

2. I reinstalled the three osc packages - osc-server, osc-worker, and osc-api, along with all of their dependencies.

3. I meticulously followed the instructions in the file /usr/share/doc/package/osc-api/README.SUSE

Works as advertised.

I figured the problem was that I followed the wiki tutorial, which is out of date, then when it ddin't work, I tried to take another pass through the README.SUSE doc, but the installation was already hosed.

Thanks,
John