[opensuse-buildservice] OBS / Factory status ...
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:59:51 +0100

Hi,

JFYI, we do face a number of problems atm:

1) All packages get currently re-compiled due to a change in the algorithm to
schedule packages. This should avoid unnecessary builds later on and make
the system faster.

2) openSUSE:Factory got the new lzma based rpm package compression earlier
this week. As a result, you do currently need a factory installation to be
able to use osc build or the build script to build for Factory. We do work
on a new build script release for older release to be able to build for
Factory/11.0 again.
Furthermore this leads to the need of new build hosts. You do currently
see setup errors when trying to build for factory. We work on new worker
images atm. Unfortunatly, I am unsure about the quality of the kernel/xen
in Factory. We may solve further problems with that or getting new ...

Yes, we could have done this with a bit better preperation, sorry about that.

bye
adrian