Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can I stop revision incrementing?
  • From: "John Calcote" <john.calcote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:44:17 -0600
Yes, I've decided - based on all the feedback I've received - to leave
the revision number alone.

Thanks again,
John

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 27 March 2008 16:20:40 wrote John Calcote:

Thank you both - this is very helpful information. Yes, I like to
> maintain a bit of control over my package version numbers. I'm pretty
> careful, so I don't think this will cause me problems. :)

well, it will, for example when you build against openSUSE:Factory.

Your package might become incompatible (because of lower lib changes), but
installer tools will not update it, because the number stays.

So one can only to recommend not to touch this ...

bye
adrian