Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstreamversions?
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:08:32 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008, Christian Boltz wrote:

(given you use the browsers login/password filling).

Of course - if you have saved your password in the browser, you will
never have to login manually. (You can also patch kdesu to save the
root password - this avoids the need to enter it whenever you want to
break^Wconfigure your system ;-)

I hate saving my passwords (not only in the browser) for security
reasons. Maybe I'm a bit too paranoid about it, but better safe than
sorry ;-)

Well, that is a perfectly valid opinion. Thought I for example see it a bit different. I save nearly all of my passwords in such a password safe on my machine (except some really important one, which I always enter by hand). There are too many different logins. ATM 88 entries and 14 ftp passwords there.

On the other hand I also encrypt my home partition.

The point is not if such tools are used, but how they are used.

Ciao