Re: [opensuse-buildservice] DKIM-milter addon for postfix
  • From: Guillermo Ballester Valor <gbv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:38:01 +0000
Hello Peter,

I'm afraid I didn't read your reply till today, because just on 5 march I got
some problems in my server.

El Wednesday 05 March 2008 15:14:36 Dr. Peter Poeml escribió:
Hello Guillermo,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:31:21AM +0000, Guillermo Ballester Valor wrote:
Hi all, this is my first mail to this mail-list.

Before try to reinvent the wheel, is there any project to build
DKIM-milter rpm package for openSUSE which can be used by postfix?.

I usually use the 'webpin' commandline tool when I have questions like
that.

I'm new in all buildservice stuff

Alternatively, entering the word into
http://software.opensuse.org/search could find something, unfortunately
it doesn't in this case.

So it doesn't look like anyone has started building a dkim library yet,
or stuff around it.

So is the reason I asked to the list. I couldn't find anything.

Today I've built a rpm package in buildserver but is actually a postfix
plugin. Well, it creates a socket daemon that can be used by other clients,
but the problem here is that the (user:group) is (postfix:postfix). I guess
it is no hard to change this permission stuff for other MTA.

I'm afraid I will need soon to implement DKIM in my postfix sever, and a
rpm providing this would make my life easy.

Till the moment I just tried to build, and to achieve it I've had to
install sendmail-devel.

I am maintaining exim, which recently got dkim support, so if you happen
to package a library, I might be able to use it as well.

When trying to build the package, I could not to compile a shared lib, so the
binaries are still linked statically and no libraries in it till the moment.

And it would probably be interesting to get in contact with the postfix
maintainers (varkoly, darix, choeger) to talk to them about their plans.

Yes, it is a good idea.

Thanks,

Guillemo

Hope that helps,