Re: [opensuse-buildservice] SoC-Project: Buildservice Integration for Eclipse
  • From: Daniel Bornkessel <dbornkessel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:47:59 +0100
On Wednesday 12 March 2008 10:07:51 Robert Lihm wrote:
Klaas Freitag wrote:
Hi,

I am not sure if that would be a cool feature and/or a nice
SoC project: Build Service integration in Eclipse.

That would mean that you can open buildservice projects in
Eclipse and work with them, see their status etc.

A more crazy idea would be to integrate the original Eclipse
project management that is used to build the project sources
with the BS - idea: "Now your local project builds, what about
deploying it via the buildservice?"

Just an idea, not sure if we want to add it to the SoC page in
the wiki.

Comments?

Klaas

Hej.

I like this Idea! Sonds like a "make my life easer" tool :)

Would it be possible to make some thing like this for other editors, like
emacs, vi, etc.?

Regards,
Robert

I think it's a great idea ... and I thought about that as well :)
There is already integration for building RPMs for eclipse:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.cdt-contrib/org.eclipse.cdt.rpm-home/index.html?root=Tools_Project&view=co
RedHat worked hard on that but I never actually tried it out.
Making a browser for the build service project and communicating with the
build service shouldn't be a problem since everything is XML & REST based and
for that Java tools do exist and are ready to be used in eclipse.
I think it would be a fantastic SoC project.

Regards,
Daniel