Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-svn] r3494 - trunk/buildservice/src/build
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:20:33 +0100
Hi Martin,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 06:57:30 +0100, Martin Mohring wrote:
A lag of half a year sounds like a bit of a too strong safety belt to
me.

There is no "openSUSE:Tools:Unstable" that I can see either.
(It's sheer existence wouldn't actually mean that anyone tests it
anyway.)

I propose to surface changes much earlier, release early and often, you
know, to keep breakage small and revertible.

We can also test the svn version, I suppose, can't we?

I do that regularily with a "larger setup" and also some big projects
mirrored from build.o.o, and testing this also :-)

That's good to know.

My concern is that if we don't have anybody who updates the stable build
package, we will much less have anyone who additinally updates an
unstable package.

I had already asked to put a copy into openSUSE:Tools:Unstable, but have
no permission, to get openSUSE:Tools:Unstable lets say every week or so,
or when some
new features are to be tested.

Knowing that you would like to work in this area, it should be no
problem at all to get you the required permissions. Adrian?

Where should the rails 2.0 copy (e.g. from darix) go? Also into
openSUSE:Tools:Unstable?

Cheers,
Martin

Peter