Re: [opensuse-buildservice] concept for osc handling merge requests
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:32:03 +0100
How are multiple mergereq's for the same
package handled? (Maybe we should try to apply all the rdiffs?).

There is no plan for that. As far as I see, a second request could be
a) a new one from a previous submitter, or
b) from someone else, and another source package.

In a), the first request is probably obsoleted by the second one (if it
comes from the same source). Thus, it would be good from my perspective
of a packager to attach a "obsoletes XY" note. Or I could probably go
ahead and delete the request that I created earlier.

In b), the request recipient will probably choose one of the two
requests, or try to apply them subsequently.

In any case, the first submit could conflict with the other one. So it is IMHO
always better to accept them one after one to see, if it does still apply.

Having said that, it might be a good thing if the request stores the
source and target revision id, which identifies the exact source
revision of the time when the request was created. Could come in handy
later.

true