Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstreamversions?
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:19:51 +0100
On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 08:51:19AM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
I do know that they don't atm, but I would like to see more and more users
also participating in our development. For instance, when they do not like a
package description or anything easy to handle for them, I would like to see
that they make their suggestions directly, it would save any extra time to
create bugzilla reports and to handle them by others.

With that in mind, the question is how we can get there. One important thing
is a link from software.o.o to the project in build.o.o I think.

At first, opening up build.o.o (or let software.o.o show equivalent
data) would allow to _see_ what the facilities for contribution are -
before logging in.

(Obviously, write access needs a login first.)

Any further ideas ?

How about a comment system like
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/apache.html

Although I've never written anything into such a system myself, I find
it very useful to have additional info attached _in-place_, and I
believe it could bey very convenient for the maintainer(s) of those
page(s). (It looks as if the info is perused on later revisions of the
documents in order to enhance them, where possible.)

True, we could run a script and set a default everywhere (for example just
picking the first person of the project).

Would someone complain about this ?

(I added a bugowner line into the osc templates for new projects/packages
now,
need to check how it get handled in the web client.)

Seems like a good start.

Regarding what Christian noted:
For reasons I don't know the current, IMHO awkward, solution which needs
two logins was chosen instead. [That's not meant as an offence, I just
mention it as a fact.]

I could not reproduce that -- tried it on Friday and didn't need to log
in twice. But it could depend on the day.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development