Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Add libmatroska-devel substitute
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:28:00 +0100
On 2008-03-08 12:49:15 +0100, Christian Morales Vega wrote:
I don't know the rules to add substitutes to the OBS. This one is
pretty stupid, but I found a case where is useful.
I am making mkvtoolnix "backports" creating a simple "link" from the
Factory package. With openSUSE 10.3 there is no problem, but with 10.2
and 10.1 libmatroska-devel package doesn't exists... but all the dev
files are available in the libmatroska package. In this case I can't
put the libmatroska-devel BuildRequires inside an %if since I can't
edit (so much) the spec file from a linked package.

Of course you can. Just fetch the original spec file, add the %if statements
and make a diff between the original and the modified spec file. Upload the
diff and add the following to your "_link" file:
<patches>
<apply name="<insert the name of the diff here>" />
</patches>

Now the patch will be applied to the spec file before the build process
starts.

Btw. if you're building in your home project you can add the correct
substitutes on your own (e.g. "osc meta prjconf -e <your-project>).

So libmatroska-devel->libmatroska in 10.1 and 10.2 is a good candidate
for a substitute?

Marcus