Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Add libmatroska-devel substitute
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:14:24 +0100 (CET)
Hello,

I don't know the rules to add substitutes to the OBS. This one is
pretty stupid, but I found a case where is useful.
I am making mkvtoolnix "backports" creating a simple "link" from the
Factory package. With openSUSE 10.3 there is no problem, but with 10.2
and 10.1 libmatroska-devel package doesn't exists... but all the dev
files are available in the libmatroska package. In this case I can't
put the libmatroska-devel BuildRequires inside an %if since I can't
edit (so much) the spec file from a linked package.

Sure you can.

a) Make a patch
b) Copy the spec file to your linked package and modify it.

Ciao