Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Missing public key with 'yum install' from my home project
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:10:41 +0100
Hi John,

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 12:31:19PM +1100, John Pye wrote:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 21ab0e4c
You can manually import it (does yum offer a function for that ?) when
the key from repodata/repomd.xml.key in each repository.

I worked out the problem. I needed to update my home:jdpipe.repo file in
/etc/yum.repos.d then run 'yum clean all'. After this, YUM asked me if I
wanted to install the required GPG key. I guess that the problem was
that the .repo file needed to be updated because presumably it
previously didn't contain the 'gpgkey=' line.

So basically the problem comes about when a repository that wasn't
signing packages starts signing packages but the users doesn't know that
they needed to update the .repo file.

About a month ago, I posted a script to this list which goes through the
repo files and adjusts the gpgkey= lines. Because I had the same
problem...

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development