Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Missing public key with 'yum install' from my home project
  • From: John Pye <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 12:31:19 +1100
Hi Adrian

Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Wednesday 05 March 2008 03:10:24 wrote John Pye:

Hi all

Looks like there have been some changes to the way packages are signed
in OBS. I only ever use the web UI and don't see anything there that
addresses this problem ('yum update' output):

Total download size: 3.5 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 21ab0e4c

What can I do? Where is this missing key? Where is this documented?

The key is part of the repository, tools based on libzypp offer to import it
in this situation.

You can manually import it (does yum offer a function for that ?) when
the key from repodata/repomd.xml.key in each repository.

I worked out the problem. I needed to update my home:jdpipe.repo file in
/etc/yum.repos.d then run 'yum clean all'. After this, YUM asked me if I
wanted to install the required GPG key. I guess that the problem was
that the .repo file needed to be updated because presumably it
previously didn't contain the 'gpgkey=' line.

So basically the problem comes about when a repository that wasn't
signing packages starts signing packages but the users doesn't know that
they needed to update the .repo file.

Cheers
JP