Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Status
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:51:04 +0100
On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 09:40:26PM +0100, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
On Tuesday 04 March 2008 16:23:45 Adrian Schröter wrote:

However we agreed on
* using <maintainedin> instead of <upstreamproject> to avoid confusing with
real source upstream. We ask for review or better proposal for the tag
from Klaas :)

I would suggest to use <origin/> instead of <maintainedin/>.

We actually considered "origin" in the last buildservice meeting,
however it was felt that it is too misleading, souding too much like
upstream, which isn't the point in those case. Thus, we settled for
maintained_in.

I also think that this feature becomes much more powerful and useful if it's
not only thought in context of externals contributing to Factory, but as a
generic branch tracking functionality. It can be very helpful to be able to
find out after copying (or branching) projects and/or packages where they
came from, i.e. where the original data lives.

I think you are right. Thanks for pointing that out. Helps me to see it
clearer.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development