Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ANN: Yet Another Build Service Client
  • From: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:31:37 +0100
* Dr. Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> [2008-03-05 16:16]:
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:22:06AM -0400, James Oakley wrote:
I have no code yet - because I do not know python yet. That's why I really
appreciate that there actually is even more code now to learn :)

Don't learn from this code, unless you're looking for poorly documented
PyQt
code. :-) Qt itself isn't very pythonic, so there is a lot of Python that
you
won't typically see in PyQt apps.

I once wrote a graphical application, and I found wxPython most pythonic
to work with... but I'm not generally to trust when it comes to
graphical applications ;)

Well, wxPython is clearly an advantage if you have Windows in mind,
but for Unix only applications I think that wxGtk gives the better
user experience. wxWidgets applications are slow (on startup) and
don't feel 100 % "native". I don't like that toolkit as user -- no
matter if it's Python or C++.

Bernhard