Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstreamversions?
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 15:46:57 +0100
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 09:03:24AM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Yes, we want to link from software.o.o to the project in build.o.o, where a
bugzilla link exists.

That "link" you talk about is virtually useless.

Do you really think any _user_ goes there (after creating an account in
the buildservice) to find the package that the bug concerns, goes then
to bugzilla (after creating an account), and enters the report?

But maybe someone can give numbers which prove the existance of such bug
reports? I certainly don't want to be ignorant here.

Am I missing the point? Maybe the link is only meant for the owner of
the package himself, to make a note for himself? ;-)

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development