Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "closed" build service
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 15:25:26 +0100
On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 01:26:41 +0100, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
On Wednesday 05 March 2008 13:13:12 Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:

Accounts are nice for developers. Users are not interested in an
account like that.

Aren't sources something for developers not users?

It is not only about sources. Think about a bug tracker for example.
Changelogs. Finding out who's responsible and get in touch. I'm sure
you catch my drift.

And if you feel it's okay to put up barriers like that for developers, I
can say I don't agree with you :-)

Just as I don't make accounts for myself in dozens of other systems, I
don't expect the average interested user to create accounts just to look
things up. (And I'm even a developer.)

If the Build Service would support OpenID logins, it wouldn't be necessary
for
many people to create another account, they could just use their existing
OpenID one.

I don't know how many people have an openid account. I for one don't
have one. So it doesn't make any difference for me.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development
< Previous Next >