Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "closed" build service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:23:35 +0100
On Wednesday 05 March 2008 13:26:41 wrote Cornelius Schumacher:
On Wednesday 05 March 2008 13:13:12 Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
Accounts are nice for developers. Users are not interested in an
account like that.

Aren't sources something for developers not users?

yes, but the point is that it is maybe not for developers how have a
relationship with openSUSE at all. But they may want to dig in, because some
packager has asked them something. A login does may get refused by them.

Therefore, it would be also very helpfull to have the log file at the same
place for direct references.

Just as I don't make accounts for myself in dozens of other systems, I
don't expect the average interested user to create accounts just to look
things up. (And I'm even a developer.)

If the Build Service would support OpenID logins, it wouldn't be necessary
for many people to create another account, they could just use their
existing OpenID one.

well, it would still not make us GPL compliant (if we drop the source rpms).

We need really a public downloadable place without login at all for that.