Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "closed" build service
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:57:12 +0100
Hi,

From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
To:<opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 3/5/2008 13:12
Subject: [opensuse-buildservice] "closed" build service
Hi,

what is the reason that the build service is closed, so it is not
possible to see sources without logging in?

This is due to load reasons in first place. However, it would be possible to
create read-only mode pages for everything, but it would be bad if plenty
people do download lots of source via api.opensuse.org.

I have a source.opensuse.org on my feature list, where public source
checkouts/downloads can be done (to be able to drop src.rpms from our
mirrors ;)

As usual, it is just work. If someone wants to work this, please speak up. We
have no concept how to implement this yet, so the design phase / requirements
collection should come first, but we can help with that.

however, it is really easy to get an account, so it is relative wide open
already ;)

bye
adrian