Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Newbie: just wishing to compile
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:41:58 +0100
Hello Luciano,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 05:37:53PM +0100, Luciano Mannucci wrote:

Hello folks!

I'm new to the build service.
I have an apple PPC laptop with OpenSuse 10.3 and I just wish to
compile packages fromthe build services that are already there only
for the intel platforms.
Do I need to start a new projet of my own each time or can I use
the existing ones?
I don't think I need to rewrite my own specs from scratch...

Thanks for any help,

luciano.

There is planned PPC support for the BuildService, however there is no
clear timeline for it. So it is hard to say how long it takes to get
that in place.

So you might want to wait... or simply go ahead and set up your own
build service instance. There are packages that you can use for that,
and you would then have your own "worker" machine building PPC packages.
However your build service instance wouldn't be connected to the "main"
(openSUSE) build service, so you might need to copy sources forth and
back by hand. (The 'osc copypac' functionality would help with that.)

Hope this helps,
Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development