Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Scripting encryption (little bit offtopic)
  • From: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:05:20 +0100
* Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2008-03-04 13:00]:
Hello,

Passphrase on the command line has the disadvantage that anybody
who does a 'ps -edaf' can see it. Feeding it via some file
descriptor is much safer.

If there is someone, who can do a "ps" on my system, this password is one of
the least significant problems. :-)

Well, usually if you have some script in place you also us it at work
or university where you usually have muliple users that can do this
... So it's not _that_ stupid to implement a minimum on security also
if you just use the script initially on your single user workstation.

But, we're getting off topic here, I know. :)

Bernhard