Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Scripting encryption (little bit offtopic)
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:26:08 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Michael Schroeder wrote:

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 05:40:41PM +0100, Dirk Stoecker wrote:
sorry for asking that question here, but I have no better place.

I need an encrypted backup file. I used gpg to make this file. As gpg for
idiotic reasons does not allow passwords in commandline (I know, I must be
protected against myself) I used expect to do this job.

Doesn't "--batch --passphrase-fd=0" work anymore? We used this
to feed the password via stdin.

After looking for the usage of --passphrase-fd (can't use your above example, as stdin is the input channel) I have seen that there is an option "--passphrase", where I can give the passphrase on commandline. Seems the evil things aren't so evil any more.

Thanks a lot for the hint.

Ciao